Sunday 27 January 2013

evaluation activity 6

-->
EVALUATION ACTIVITY 6
what have you learnt about technologies from the process of constructing this product?



When producing our film opening sequence we had to use various technologies such as abode premiere pro, which was used to edit our opening sequence. In addition I have learnt a lot when we edited our film; there were some editing strategies on that software that I was not aware of before now I have learnt new things on there, now I have a better understanding on using the software. I learned various editing techniques like, cutting and trimming. 
Also when filming our movie we had to use a tripod so when recording the picture can stay still rather than filming hand held because in that way the video would be shaky and would not look good. But on some occasion we decided to hold the camera, for example when the chase scene was recorded we never used the tripod because by holding the camera would create an effect when the person is running the camera would shake so then it would create tension and suspense. The tripod was for the camera to stand on it so that it’s balanced and the shot can be still which I learned how to use it.
When we were producing our film most of the lighting was just the daylight from outside because most of our opening was filmed outside, and at the start of our opening sequence we filmed in the school theatre which we had to use lights, we used a bright light over the side of the character so that it can create an effect, the effect is that one side of the character is dark, so that you cannot see the character clearly which generates some mystery to the character. I have learned how to use the lights in the theatre whereas I never knew how to control the theatre lights.
 


 To actually film our movie we used a Panasonic HD camera, which I used the camera a lot throughout the process of filming, I learned a lot of how to use the camera also I learned a lot features of the camera such as the viewing the recorded content on the camera also the of how to zoom in and out.  My knowledge on how to use them has vastly changed and I can utilize the cameras very professionally.  I know a lot about the particular camera because I know how to change setting for various things like the setting for the brightness, the contrast and many more. Also I have learned how to change the mode of the camcorder so that I can take still pictures, also I learned how to view the videos that are recorded and I can view them on the camera screen. In addition, I know where all the buttons are on the camera like the on and off, and also I know where the SD card is, so I can take it out and save it on my computer. Also I know how to format the card so that all the videos and pictures get deleted. I have learned quite a lot of camera shots; I have learned the long shot which shows the full body, from head to toe in the picture. Also I have learned the shot/shot reserve, which films use when people are having a conversation, which the shots would be over the shoulders of the character. Also, I learned the close up shots which shows a subject close up or shows the characters emotions; also I have learned the high angle shots and the low angle shots, which high angle shots show dominance and low angle shot shows someone that is lower.










No comments:

Post a Comment